Lockridge Medical Centre is now offering the following COVID-19 vaccinations:
Primary Adult vaccinations for 12 year old and over 2 doses 3-6 weeks apart
Child vaccinations for 5-11 year olds 2 doses 8 weeks apart
Novavax has been approved as a primary vaccine for COVID vaccination for individuals 18 and over given 2 doses 3 weeks apart.
COVID Vaccine Boosters
COVID vaccine boosters are now recommended 3 months following your 2nd primary vaccine dose.
We are offering Pfizer/Comirnaty for individuals aged 16 years and over and Novavax booster vaccines for 18 years and over
For more information go to:
Exemptions for COVID vaccination
Medical Exemptions for COVID vaccination are limited and can only be granted for the following reasons:
1) Permanent Exemption
- Previous anaphylaxis to vaccine or vaccine component. Reaction to one class of vaccine does not preclude a different vaccine
2) Temporary Exemption
- Acute major medical condition eg undergoing major surgery or hospital admission for another serious condition
- For mRNA COVID-19 vaccines: Inflammatory cardiac illness in the previous 6 months eg myocarditis, pericarditis, endocarditis, acute rheumatic fever or acute decompensated cardiac failure
- For all COVID-19 vaccines: PCR confirmed SARS-CoV-2 infection until complete recovery from the acute illness (which may be up to 6 months)
- For all COVID-19 vaccines: Serious adverse event attributed to a previous dose of a COVID-19 vaccine without another cause identified. An event is considered serious if it requires hospitalisation or results in persistent or significant disability/incapacity.
Please do not ask for an exemption if you do not have one of the above conditions.