Asthma is a serious disease that many people underestimate. While a common problem for many, in the wrong circumstances it can be fatal. All asthma patients that are on a regular preventor or using their reliever more than two times a week, it is recommended that they have an asthma review with an asthma educator and their GP once a year.
The Asthma Cycle of Care involves at least two asthma related consultations within 12 months for a patient with moderate to severe asthma, noting that at least one of these visits (the review visit) must be planned.
These visits will include:
- Document diagnosis and assessment of asthma severity and level of asthma control
- Review the patients use of, and access to, asthma related medication, inhalers and the use of a spacer.
- Provide a written asthma action plan
- Provide asthma self-management education
- Education review on asthma first aid and the sign and symptoms
- A Spirometry test
Our nurses have completed specialised training and are Asthma Educator qualified.
Call (08) 6278 2555 to schedule in your asthma review today.