From 1 April, the eligibility criteria for Paxlovid on the PBS will cover the following people with a diagnosis of COVID-19:
- Those aged 70 or older, regardless of risk factors and with or without symptoms
- People aged 60–69, with one additional risk factor for developing severe disease
- Those aged 50 or older with two additional risk factors for developing severe disease or those who have had past COVID-19 infection that resulted in hospitalisation
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people aged 30 years or older and with one additional risk factor for developing severe disease, or those who have had COVID-19 infection that led to hospitalisation in the past
- People aged 18 or older who are moderately to severely immunocompromised
- People aged 18 or older who have been previously hospitalised from COVID-19 disease
If you have symptoms of a respiratory illness test over a few days if your first RAT is negative and if you test positive and are in one of the above
categories please book a Telehealth appointment with a doctor to discuss your eligibility. The treatment works best within 5 days of onset of symptoms.
If you had your last COVID booster or had COVID infection more than 6 months ago you are also eligible for a COVID vaccine booster.